StatCounter

Friday 18 February 2011

Complaining to the BBC (update)

The story continues:

'On 17 February 2011 21:53, Alison Wilson wrote:

<>
Thank you for your email, copied above.  I was unable to reply directly because there appeared to be some kind of encryption that was corrupting the formatting of the response. 
As explained in my previous email, I’ve passed your complaint to the relevant management team for a response - in this case News Online.  When I contacted them today on your behalf they explained that Tariq Kafala is currently in Egypt covering the situation there and they cannot therefore discuss the previous handling of your complaint with him at the moment.  They’ll do their best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely
Alison Wilson
Complaints Manager
Editorial Complaints Unit'

 To which I have just replied:
'So my complaint which Tarik Kafala said he had 'tried to reply to' but failed and which Tarik Kafala told me (incorrectly) to write to the Editorial Complaints Unit is now held up because Tarik Kafala is in Egypt. Is he not contactable? As Middle East Web Editor does he not have resposibilities away from reporting that would necessitate him being in regular touch with BBC management?

This complaint relates to a blatant example of bias from August last year. There seems to be no inclination at the BBC to investigate, accept fault and apologise for their bias. How long can must I expect to wait for a response now? How can I contact the News Online Management Team who you say are awaiting Tarik Kafala's return from Egypt?

I am very dissatisfied with the BBC's handling of this complaint and would like to assure you that I am not going to give up on this matter.

Regards

NotaSheep'
Another delaying tactic from the BBC?

No comments: