StatCounter

Monday 20 July 2009

Conservative Shadow Cabinet and Frontbench expenses

I can barely resist a look at the Conservatives expenses on-line. Here are some recent ones of interest:

"Philip Hammond 24/06/2009 Administrative & Office Allowance Invoice for Database support 600.00"
One off charge, monthly charge, annual charge? The answer would help us to see if the charge was reasonable.

"Philip Dunne 07/05/2009 Administrative & Office Allowance Stationery for HoC - Staples 0.48"
How mean do you have to be to charge the taxpayers for £0.48 for a pen or similar? I remember when I was employed and on a job and found I had no working pen on me, I went to a newsagent and purchased a biro from my own money and thought no more about it. Mind you I wasn't earning even 10% of what an MP earns.

"Theresa May 08/06/2009 Administrative & Office Allowance technical support for case management system 600.00"
ne off charge, monthly charge, annual charge? The answer would help us to see if the charge was reasonable.

"Michael Gove 19/06/2009 Communications Allowance Website maintenance for May, June and July 2009 862.50"
For £250 a month (plus VAT) you would have thought that he could get some better photos up on his website.

No comments: