StatCounter

Wednesday 18 May 2011

31 years ago today Ian Curtis died

If you read the title of this piece and said "Who?" then you need educating. Ian Curtis was the lead singer and prime lyricist of the post punk band Joy Divison, a group that I loved in the late 1970s and love even more now. If you only know one track then I am willing to bet that it is "Love Will Tear Us Apart", here's that track


And here's a link to the official video - here

And here's a link to a post I made of lots of cover versions of that song. And here's what I wrote last year on the 30th anniversary of Ian Curtis's death.

Meanwhile here's some more Joy Division to get your teeth into:
"She's Lost Control"


"Atmosphere"



if you don't know much about Ian Curtis or Joy Division then I recommend watching Anton Corbijn's film "Control". It's absolutely brilliant and I cry at the end every time I watch it. Here's the trailer...


No comments: