StatCounter

Thursday 26 May 2011

That Barack Obama speech in full

Anna Raccoon has the whole speech, here's an excerpt:
'Hello.
My name is Barak Obama.
I look a bit like Morgan Freeman. And I sound like him too.
Especially in The Shawshank Redemption. Which is quite a good film.
There is always hope!
Mozart is uplifting!
But I am not him.
And I am not Oprah Winfrey either. In case you were wondering.

My name is Barack.
I am President of the United States of America.
That’s really cool. I am really cool.
Yesterday I was Irish. Today I like you English people who live in this place called Britain. It’s cool.
I hope you like me too.
I have a very Big Car.'
Cruel? Maybe.
Funny? Definitely.
Closer to the truth than many would have you believe? Absolutely.

With his teleprompters Barack Obama is a fair orator but not exceptional. Without them he is a mess; witness his off the cuff speeches during the Presidential election campaign - there is some video on this very site, take a look.

No comments: