StatCounter

Friday 20 May 2011

Happy Anniversary NotaSheep

Actually I missed my own anniversary, which fell on the 7th May - I blame work.

I started this blog in 2007 and never dreamt that four years later it would be such a large part of my life. I have 'met' many interesting people as a result of my blogging and made a few cyber-friends as well. Hopefully I will be able to continue blogging for a good few years more...

Here's what I wrote in my first post:
'Where to begin?

One of the first subjects that made me realise that the Beeb wasn't the source of impartial information that I had been lead to believe it was, was its coverage of the EEC/EU. The unquestioning support of the European Project started out as an annoyance but as I read more about how the EU functioned and aggregated power to itself at the expense of its constituent countries governments, I began to realise that I was being fed a politically biased line. This feeling was exacerbated during the 1990s as the BBC used Europe as a stick with which to beat the hated (by the BBC at least) Conservative government. '
It looks as though litle has changed since 2007 as regarding my feelings re the BBC or indeed the EU!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations

Grant said...

Work again !!
Congratulations and let's hope for at least another 4 years, unlike Obama.
How appropriate that your first post was about the wretched BBC and EU !

Grant said...

PS,
Word verification "Quine" which is Doric ( north-east Scotland dialect ) for "woman", another welcome aspect of your blog !