StatCounter

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Bob Marley died 30 years ago today!

That makes me feel very old; 30 years ago and I remember it so well. Bob Marley was not the first reggae artist that I listened to, nor is he the one I love the most (that's Jimmy Cliff) but he is the one that I can happily talk to with people in London, Amsterdam, Paris, the Caribbean, the far East, Mauritius....

So here's a few of my favourites...

"Redemption Song"

A great acoustic version of which can be heard here.



"Stir It Up"


If you don't know the songs of Bob Marley then go to You Tube and take a listn. If you do know them then take a look around anyway.

1 comment:

Grant said...

Yes, Bob was the King and I am not a special fan of reggae.
If you want to have wall-to-wall Marley ( and I am not talking about tiles ) visit lovely little Gambia.
The only escape is to walk 5 miles into the bush !
If you get a taxi there, just ask the driver to play Bob.
My favourites, not in any order :-

No Woman, no Cry
Trenchtown Rock
Natural Mystic